Experience this land of captivating contrasts on a Connoisseurs journey through electrifying Tokyo, traditional Kyoto and beyond. Contemplate Japan's spiritual side as you visit the Great Buddha or learn to meditate in a Zen temple. Discover the country's rich history and culture by staying in a ryokan(traditional Japanese inn), savoring spectacular meals, soaking in onsen (hot spring) baths and walking the pathways of splendid gardens.
- Gain an in-depth perspective on Japanese culture with longer stays in Tokyo and Kyoto, exploring diverse neighborhoods and bustling markets on foot
- Participate in a Shinto ceremony in the ancient Toshogu Shrine, experiencing Japan's religious rituals firsthand
- Be among the few travellers to lodge at Gora Kadan, one of the country's finest ryokans - A&K is the only travel company to ensure guaranteed lodging for a small group at this Relais & Châteaux property
- Capture the spirit of Japan during a guided Zen meditation lesson; then, learn the ancient art of the traditional tea ceremony
- Meet the curator at the gorgeous, secluded Miho Museum, built by celebrated architect I.M. Pei
- Savor Kyoto's distinctive cuisine and traditions during an exclusive kaiseki banquet with entertainment by a geiko and maiko (apprentice geisha)